|All or part of this article has been copied from Anarchopedia.|
You can help Communpedia by adding original content, and removing anarchist bias.
Rape can be defined in numerous ways. Many countries' legal codes define it as sexual intercourse without consent. However, the true definition of the word spans much wider than that. It is a common fact that many rapists are not sexually attracted to the raped individual, therefore the main issue is consent and not sex.
This does not imply that this act is in any way less harmful than it is perceived, in fact the opposite is true.
Myths about rape
- Only women can be raped.
- In fact males are being raped every day, and sometimes by women.
- Becoming physically arroused during rape means that victim wanted it.
- Most rapists are strangers to a victim.
- The truth of the matter is that most rapes happen by somebody the victim knew and many times trusted.
- Only gay men can rape other man.
- Most man-on-man sexual assults are commited by straight men.
- Common feelings after rape
- Surviving the Truth audio documentaries for survivors of sexual abuse and domestic violence.
- Note: These freesite links cannot be viewed without prior set up. For explanation on how to set up a connection see ways to view a freesite.
- localhost is assumed as the base for the freesite
- Rape Discussion Discussion about this taboo subject.