The Coordinating Committee for the Refoundation of the Fourth International (CRFI) is a Trotskyist international organisation. Its name in Spanish is Coordinadora por la Refundación de la Cuarta Internacional. It was formed in 2004 at a conference in Buenos Aires called by the Movement for the Refoundation of the Fourth International. It has members in South America, Western Europe and the Middle East. The committee has nine members, two each from Italy and Brazil, and one each from Uruguay, Argentina, the US, Greece, and Israel/Palestine. They include Jorge Altamira and Marco Ferrando.
The Argentianian PO is the largest section of the CRFI and as such drew its international co-thinkers into the new tendency from other countries in Latin America and elsewhere in the world. However the Workers Revolutionary Party of Greece and the International Trotskyist Opposition had different roots from the PO and its allies. The fusion of these groups provides the CRFI with small but real bases in both Greece and Italy.
Member sections of the CRFI are as follows:
- Workers' Party (Partido Obrero, PO) in Argentina.
- Workers' Cause Party (Partido da Causa Operária, PCO) in Brazil.
- * Revolutionary Workers Party (Partido Obrero Revolucionario, POR) in Chile.
- Workers Revolutionary Party (Ergatiko Epanastatiko Komma, EEK) in Greece.
- Workers' Communist Party (Partito Comunista dei Lavoratori, PCL) in Italy.
- * Workers' Party (Partido de los Trabajadores, PT) in Uruguay.
- Refoundation and Revolution (R&R) group in Solidarity in the USA.
- Revolutionary Workers' Party (Devrimci İşçi Partisi, DİP) in Turkey.
- Marxist Workers' League (Marxilainen Työväenliitto, MTL) in Finland.
- Workers' Option (Opción Obrera, OO) in Venezuela.
- Revolutionary Action's Group (Grupo de Acción Revolucionaria, GAR) in Mexico.
The Proletarian Society of China periodical The Trotskyist, China/Hongkong, is close to the CRFI.
- Historia del trotskismo en Argentina y América Latina; Osvaldo Coggiola, 2006
- Official site of CRFI
- Programmatic Theses for the Fourth International
|This article contains content from Wikipedia.|
An article on this subject was once nominated for deletion on Wikipedia:
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/
Coordinating Committee for the Refoundation of the Fourth International